Wednesday 5 August 2009

Hatherton to Weston-upon-Trent

Tuesday 4th August 2009
Grey and rainy all day.

We got started about 9:00 am, and set off north again, passing Canal World Forum boat Aquagem.

I got seriously wet, so changed into waterproof overtrousers and waterproof boots - which I wore all day - possibly explaining why my legs ached so much by the end of the day - every step meant lifting the heavy boots through the wet grass.

Gailey

Through Gailey and then onto Penkridge where we stopped for supplies - a very attractive town than I wish I had more time to investigate.

We headed on up the Staffs & Worcs Canal - eventually passing through Tixall Wide, which was attractive, but having heard so much of it - I was sort of expecting more.

Building at Tixall Wide

We turned left at Great Haywood Junction, and carried on to Weston-Upon-Trent where we moored, then headed for the pub.









Happy Boater






Miles: 19.3, Locks: 14
Total Miles: 143.8, Total Locks: 158

No comments: